With the Commentary Tātparyaṭīkā
- Funders: Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft and The National Endowment for the Humanities
- Principal: Birgit Kellner
- data entry by: Aurorachana, Auroville
- Prepared for SARIT by: Liudmila Olalde
Copyright 2016 SARIT
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International licence. Under this licence, you are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
More information and fuller details of this license are given on the Creative Commons website.
SARIT assumes no responsibility for unauthorised use that infringes the rights of any copyright owners, known or unknown.2016
Source DescriptionNyāyavārttikatātparyaṭīkā of Vācaspatimiśra AnantalalThakur
Vol. 3 of the 1996 edition has no list of abbreviations. The list below is based on the 1967 edition, vol. 1, p. [xv].C = Calcutta Sanskrit Series edition of the Nyayadarśana with Bhāṣya, Vārttika, Tātparyaṭīkā and Vṛtti ed. Amarendramohan Tarkatirtha, Taranath Nyayatirtha & Hemantakumar Tarkatirtha.J = Jaisalmir MSS of the Nyāyabhāṣya, Vārttika, Tātparyaṭīkā and Pariśuddhi—(Photostat copy in Mithila Institute).K = Varanasi editions of:
- the Nyāyabhāṣya ed. Pt. Harirama Śukla
- the Nyāyavārttika (=वा =N. Vart) ed. MM Laksmasa Śāstri Draviada
- Nyāyavartikatātparyaṭīkā (=टीका = Ti) ed. Pt. Rajesvara Śāstri Dravida
This file contains:
- A base text, the Nyāyasūtra, encoded as <quote type="basetext" ana="nsū">.
- A subcommentary, the Tātparyaṭīka, wich corresponds to the <text>.
- Several quotations from the Nyāyavārttika, encoded as <q type="lemma" ana="nv">.
- Line breaks were encoded as lb-elements. The ed-attribute "tha" refers to Thakurs's 1996 edition.
- Page breaks were encoded as pb-elements. The ed-attribute "tha" refers to Thakurs's 1996 edition.
- Round and square brackets were were replaced by SARIT with the following TEI-elements:
- Brackets surrounding references to other works were encoded as <ref cRef="">.
- All other round brackets (10 occurrences) were encoded as <hi rend="brackets">.
- All other square brackets (6 occurrences) were encoded as <hi rend="squarebrackets">.
- Bold characters were enclosed in <q type="lemma" ana="nv">
- Variants in the notes were enclosed in <q type="variant">
- Single quotations marks were encoded as <q>
- The footnotes were encoded as note-elements with their corresponding n-attribute.
- Characters that were not readable in the printed edition available to SARIT were enclosed <unclear reason="illegible">.
- The text is structured in 3 div-levels.
- 5 parts encoded as div type="level1" subtype="adhyāya", numbered 1 to 5.
- 10 subparts encoded as div type="level2" subtype="āhnika".
- 85 chapters encoded as div type="level3" subtype="prakaraṇa"
Footnote number 100-4 was corrected to 100-2.
Abbreviations used in the attributes cRef in this file:
- chUp Chāndogyopaniṣad
- MaBhā Mahābhāṣya
- MīSū Mīmāṃsāsūtra
- muUp Muṇḍakopaniṣad
- Pā = Aṣṭādhyāyisūtra of Pāṇini
- pv Pramāṇavārttika -sankrtyayana
- śv-nirālambana Ślokavārttika (Kumārila) nirālambana chapter
- śv-pratyakṣa Ślokavārttika (Kumārila) pratyakṣa chapter
- VāPa Vākyapadīya
- vbh Vyāsabhāṣya on Patañjali’s Yogasūtra
- vidha Viṣṇudharmottara
- vsū Vaiśeṣikasūtra
- [level1] प्रथमाध्याये प्रथमाह्निकम…
- [level1] द्वितीयाध्याये प्रथमाह्नि…
- [level1] तृतीयाध्याये प्रथमाह्निकम…
- [level1] चतुर्थाध्याये प्रथमाह्निक…
- [level1] पञ्चमाध्याये प्रथमाह्निकम…