With the Commentary Pramāṇamīmāṃsāvṛtti
- Funders: Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft and The National Endowment for the Humanities
- Principal: Birgit Kellner
- data entry by: Aurorachana, Auroville
- prepared for SARIT by: Liudmila Olalde
- The corrections listed at the beginning of the print edition on which this electronic text is based were input by: Jinkyoung Choi
Copyright 2016 SARIT
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International licence. Under this licence, you are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
More information and fuller details of this license are given on the Creative Commons website.
SARIT assumes no responsibility for unauthorised use that infringes the rights of any copyright owners, known or unknown.2016
|Title:||Pramāṇa Mīmaṁsa of Kalikāla Sarvajña Śrī Hemacandrācārya|
|Title:||With Bhāṣā Tippaṇa of Pandit Sukhlalji Saṅghavi|
|Author:||Kalikāla Sarvajña Śrī Hemacandrācārya|
|Publisher:||The Sañcālaka-Siṅghī Jaina Granthamālā|
|Place of Publication:||Ahmedabad|
|Place of Publication:||Calcuta|
These are the witnesses listed in Saṅghavi's 1938 edition, p. 3.डे॰ = डेला भाण्डार, अहमदाबाद की प्रतिता॰ = जेसलमेरस्थ भाण्डार की ताड़पत्रीय प्रतिता-मू॰ = ता॰ प्रति का मूलमु॰ = प्रमाणमीमांसा की पुना मे मुद्रित प्रतिमू-टि॰ = मुद्रितप्रति का तिप्पणसं-मू॰ = सङ्घवी भाण्डार पाटन की मूलसूत्र की प्रतिसम्पा॰ = सम्पादक
The body-element encloses the Pramāṇamīmāṃsāvṛtti. It is structured in 2 div-levels:
- 2 parts encoded as div type="level1" subtype="adhyāya"
- Three subparts, encoded as div type="level2" subtype="āhnika"
The passages from the Pramāṇamīmāṃsā are enclosed in a quote type="basetext" ana="pramī" and numbered by adhyāya, āhnika, and passage as follows:
- 1.1.1 to 1.1.42
- 1.2.1 to 1.2.23
- 2.1.1 to 2.1.35
Paragraphs in the Pramāṇamīmāṃsāvṛtti are also numbered by adhyāya, āhnika, and paragraph as follows:
- 1.1.1 to 1.1.153
- 1.2.1 to 1.2.81
- 2.1.1 to 2.1.110
The line breaks and page breaks of Saṅghavi's edition were given the ed-attribute "SuSa".
In the source file, there were two types of line breaks: returns (and possible surrounding space) and hyphens+returns. These were replaced with lb-elements.
Quotations from other texts were encoded as quote-elements. The attribute cert="unknown" indicates that the reference given in the attributes corresp and sameAs was not checked by the encoder; whereas cert="high" indicates it was checked by the encoder.
Footnotes were encoded as note and are located were the footnote refences appear in the book.
For display purposes, some head-elements were supplied and marked with a resp-attribute.
Round and square brackets were replaced by SARIT with the following TEI-elements:
- Bracketed references to other works were enclosed in ref cRef="".
- Question marks enclosed in round brackets were encoded as: note type="uncertain" resp="#ed-SuSa #sarit-encoder-pramī" rend="brackets".
- Corrections in round brackets were enclosed in note type="correction.
- Additions in square brackets were enclosed in supplied.
Bold characters were enclosed in <hi rend="bold">
Characters that were not readable in the printed edition available to SARIT were enclosed in unclear reason="illegible".
Saṅghavi's 1938 edition has a list of corrections at the beginning of the book. These corrections have been encoded with the tags choice,sic, and corr. Page and line numbers of each correction are given in the n-attribute. Thus, choice n="25-20" refers to the correction on page 25, line 20. The corrections 5-28 and 11-15 were not necessary since the print edition had already been corrected.
Footnote 6 on page 4 could be located according to the correction 4-6. Footnote reference 15-6 was corrected to 15-3 according to the correction 15-21.
Abbreviations used in the cRef-attributes in this file:
- pramī = Pramāṇamīmāṃsā
- pramī-v = Pramāṇamīmāṃsāvṛtti
- ayo = Hemacandra's Ayogavyavacchedikā
- aci = Abhidhānacintāmaṇi
- ānir =Āvaśyaka niryukti
- jaida = Jaiminīya darśana
- ts = Tattvasaṃgraha. Verse numbers correspond to Krishnamacharya's edition. See also http://sarit.indology.info/exist/apps/sarit/works/tsp-SARIT.
- tsp =
- tasū = Tattvārthasūtra
- taślovā = Tattvārthaślokavārtika
- tattvopa = Tattvopaplavasiṃha
- davai= Daśavaikālikasūtra
- davaini = Daśavaikālikasūtraniryukti
- nb = Nyāyabindu
- nyāma = Nyāyamañjarī
- nyāsā = Nyāyasāra
- nā = Nyāyāvatāra
- nv= Nyāyavārttika
- nsū = Nyāyasūtra
- nbh = Vātsyāyana's Nyāyasūtrabhāṣya
- MaBhā = Pātañjala Mahābhāṣya
- pamu = Parīkṣāmukha
- pv = Dharmakīrti's Pramāṇavārttika. Chapter and verse numbers in the @cRef correspond to Sāṅkṛtyāyana's edition. See also http://sarit.indology.info/exist/apps/sarit/works/pvv-SARIT.
- prapa = Pramāṇaparīkṣā
- ps = Dignāga's Pramāṇasamuccaya
- bp = Bṛhatīpañjikā
- laghī = Laghīyastrayī
- vn = Vādanyāya
- viśebhā = Viśeṣāvaśyakabhāṣya
- śābhā = Śābarabhāṣya
- śveUp = Śvetāśvataropaniṣad
- śv = Kumārila's Ślokavārttika, chapters:
- śv-abhāva श्लोकवा॰ अभाव॰
- ṣadasa = Ṣaḍdarśanasamuccaya
- sākā = Sāṃkhyakārikā
- stp = Saṃmatiprakaraṇa
- sviṭ = Siddhiviniścayaṭīkā
- hb = Hetubindu
- heśa = Hemacandra's Śabdānuśāsana