Pramāṇavārttika Pariśiṣṭa 1
Appendix I to the Pramāṇavārttika
- Funders: Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft and The National Endowment for the Humanities
- Principal: Birgit Kellner
- data entry by: SWIFT Information Technologies, Mumbai
- prepared for SARIT by: Liudmila Olalde
Copyright 2014-2017 SARIT
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International licence. Under this licence, you are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
More information and fuller details of this license are given on the Creative Commons website.
SARIT assumes no responsibility for unauthorised use that infringes the rights of any copyright owners, known or unknown.2014
|Title:||Dharmakīrti's Pramāṇavārttika with a commentary by Manorathanandin|
|Publisher:||Bihar and Orissa Research Society|
|Place of Publication:||Patna|
|Note:||Appendix to the Journal of the Bihar and Orissa Research Society, http://east.uni-hd.de/buddh/ind/41/119/194/.|
|Note:||The appendix contains notes that Vibhūticandra added to the manuscript of Manorathanandin's commentary. The manuscript consulted by Sāṅkṛtyāyana is described below.|
Written by Vibhūticandra in early old Bengali script (Sāṅkṛtyāyana refers to the script as Kuṭilā), the manuscript comprises 105 leaves of seven lines each that according to Sāṅkṛtyāyana measure 67.31 x 5.80 cm.
On July 28, 1936, Sāṅkṛtyāyana found this paper manuscript of Manorathanandin’s Pramāṇavārttikavṛtti in the hermitage Zha lu ri phug.
In the source file, there were two types of line breaks: returns (and possible surrounding space) and hyphens+returns. These were replaced with lb-elements. I didn't check whether the source was consequent in this respect. The ed-attribute "s" refers to Sāṅkṛtyāyana's edition.
The folio numbers on the margins were encoded as pb-elements. The ed-attribute "MA" refers to the manuscript used by Sāṅkṛtyāyana.
The text consists of 14 div's, which follow Sāṅkṛtyāyana's division of the text.
The section number at the beginning of the first paragraph of each section (e.g. "१--") was encoded as a head-element.
The front has been added by SARIT.
Brackets were encoded as follows:
- Headings in brackets were enclosed in supplied.
- Daṇḍas in brackets were enclosed in supplied.
- References in brackets were enclosed in ref.
- All other brackets were encoded as brackets.
Bold characters were enclosed in hi rend="bold"
Abbreviations used in the attributes ed, cRef and xml:id's in this file:
- M-A = Sanskrit manuscript of Manorathanandin's Pramāṇavārttikavṛtti used by Sāṅkṛtyāyana
- ps = Pramāṇasamuccaya; the verse numbers correspond to Steinkellner, Dignāga's Pramāṇasamuccaya, Chapter 1
- pv = Dharmakīrti's Pramāṇavārttika
- 2015-12-30Added @xml:lang in front-element. By lo
- 2016-05-27: Removed lb's after notes and the footnotereferences. By lo
- 2016-05-27: Added headings to each section. By lo
- 2016-05-27: Replaced brackets with add- and ref-elements. By lo
- 2016-05-27: Updated encoding description. By lo
- 2016-05-31: Replaced add with supplied and updated the encoding description. By lo