A SARIT edition
- Funder: The Leverhulme Trust
- Principal: Michael Willis
- Creation of machine-readable text up to verse 4.10: Eszter Berki
- Creation of machine-readable from verse 4.11, proofreading, markup: Dániel Balogh
Published by SARIT: Search and Retrieval of Indic Texts, 2013-2016.
Copyright (C) Eszter Berki, Dániel Balogh, and SARIT.
Under this licence, you are free
- to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
- to Remix — to adapt the work
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
- Share Alike — If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
More information and fuller details of this license are given on the Creative Commons website.
SARIT assumes no responsibility for unauthorised use that infringes the rights of any copyright owners, known or unknown.2013-2016
|Title:||Râvaṇavaha oder Setubandha|
|Publisher:||Karl J. Trübner / Trübner & Co.|
|Place of Publication:||Strassburg / London|
|Note:||Digital copy available via|
The published edition from which this e-text was transcribed is printed in the Devanāgarī script. The electronic text below is in a lossless transliteration using the Latin alphabet. The transliteration scheme used is the IAST (The International Alphabet of Sanskrit Transliteration). IAST differs in small ways from ISO 15919, but is preferred by most working Sanskrit scholars. Conversion of this file to ISO 15919 can be achieved by performing the following replacements throughout the file: ṛ -> r̥ and ṃ -> ṁ
Diaereses are used to differentiate disyllabic aï and aü from monosyllabic ai and au.
- 2013-06-01: Completed input up to 4.10 By Eszter Berki
- 2013-08-19: Version 0.1 betaCompleted input from 4.10 to endCompleted markup for verse structureAdded TEI encoding. By Dániel Balogh
- 2013-08-29: Version 0.9 betaMerged and homogenised the two text sectionsCompleted proofreading and tagging Eszter's section By Dániel Balogh
- 2013-09-12: Version 1.0Completed full proofreadingIncorporated Goldschmidt's corrigendaChecked kulakas and a few suspect typos against other editions By Dániel Balogh
- 2013-09-16: Modified TEI encoding for validation with tei_all.dtd.Moved Dániel's corrections into the main text and Goldschmidt's readings to comments. By Andrew Ollett
- 2013-09-18: Version 1.1Collated the two pages missing from the archive.org scan of Goldschmidt By Dániel Balogh
- 2013-09-24: Edited the TEI header to conform more closely to the present SARIT header template.Added a pointer to the digitized text. By Dominik Wujastyk
- Minor changes to the text (when Goldschmidt has printed it incorrectly: see 4.24, 6.12, 8.32). Notes in comments.
- 2015-01-22: Corrected about 60 typos, submitted by Paul Dundas. By Andrew Ollett
- 2016-07-18: Removed seg-elements and inserted caesura (most of the verses had no seg-elements anymore).Moved pb's inside div. By Liudmila Olalde