- Funder: German Research Foundation (DFG); Project "SARIT: Enriching Digital Text Collections in Indology" (Bilalteral Digital Humanities Programme DFG/NEH), 2013-2017
- Principal: Birgit Kellner
- data entry by: Aurorachana, Auroville
- prepared for SARIT by: Liudmila Olalde
Copyright 2016-2017 SARIT
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International licence. Under this licence, you are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
More information and fuller details of this license are given on the Creative Commons website.
SARIT assumes no responsibility for unauthorised use that infringes the rights of any copyright owners, known or unknown.2014
|Publisher:||The Asiatic Society|
|Place of Publication:||Calcutta|
|Note:||With English Introduction by Gaurināth Śāstri.|
- Line breaks: In the source file, there were two types of line breaks: returns (and possible surrounding space) and hyphens+returns. These were replaced with lb-elements. The ed-attribute "nya" refers to Nyāyācārya's edition.
- Double quotes were replaced with quote-elements.
- Single quotes were replaced with q-elements.
- Square brackets were replaced with <hi rend="squarebrackets">.
- Round brackets were replaced with <hi rend="brackets">.
- Bold characters were enclosed in <hi rend="bold">.
- Suspension points (…) were enclosed in <supplied reason="gap">.
- The footnotes were encoded as note-elements with their corresponding n-attribute. The footnote 19-3 has no corresponding footnote reference. It was left at the end of the page and was given the attribute place="bottom"
Nyāyācārya's edition has a list of corrections on the last page. These corrections have been encoded with the tags <choice>,<sic>, and <corr>. Page and line numbers of each correction are given in the n-attribute. Thus, <choice n="25.20"> refers to the correction on page 25, line 20.
In three cases the corrections introduced by SARIT differ from those listed in Nyāyācārya's edition (a @resp has been added to the corresponding corr-elements):
- 12.21 and 13.16: The final -म् (in -उपमानम्) was not changed to -स्.
- 17.10: उपमान॰ was corrected to: इत्युपमान॰ and not, as in the list of corrections, to इति पमान॰.
- 3.7: The mistake had already been corrected in the edition. So it was not necessary to make any changes.
- 2016-05-27Corrected the following footnotes:
- Footnote reference 10-3 (second occurence) corresponds to note 10-4: new number 10-4
- Footnote reference 10-4 corresponds to note 10-5: new number 10-5
- Footnote reference 10-5 corresponds to note 10-6 (first one): new number 10-6a
- Footnote reference 10-6 corresponds to note 10-6 (second one): new number 10-6b
- Footnote reference 10-7 corresponds to note 10-7
- Footnote reference 10-8 corresponds to note 10-8
- Footnote reference 10-9 corresponds to note 10-10: new number 10-10.
- 2017-03-25: For a complete history of the changes in this file go to SARIT GitHub Repository. By https://viaf.org/viaf/308710472/