- Funder: German Research Foundation (DFG); Project "SARIT: Enriching Digital Text Collections in Indology" (Bilalteral Digital Humanities Programme DFG/NEH), 2013-2017
- Principal: Birgit Kellner
- data entry by: Aurorachana, Auroville
- prepared for SARIT by: Liudmila Olalde and Jinkyoung Choi
Copyright 2016-2017 SARIT
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International licence. Under this licence, you are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
More information and fuller details of this license are given on the Creative Commons website.
SARIT assumes no responsibility for unauthorised use that infringes the rights of any copyright owners, known or unknown.2016
Source DescriptionThe TarkarahasyaCritical EditionThree Sanskrit Texts from the Buddhis Pramāṇa-TraditionThe Hetuvidyā Section in the Yogācārabhūmi, the Darmottaraṭippanaka, and the TarkarahasyaHideomiYaita
- Line breaks: In the source file, there were two types of line breaks: returns (and possible surrounding space) and hyphens+returns. These were replaced with lb-elements. The ed-attribute "hy" refers to Yaita's 2005 edition.
- The folio numbers of the manuscript were encoded as pb-elements with an edRef-attribute "#tara-ms".
- Line numbers of the manuscript were encoded as lb-elements with an edRef-attribute "#tara-ms".
- The page numbers of Shastri's edition were encoded as pb-elements with an edRef-attribute "#tara-sh".
- Double quotes in the text (that is, not in the notes) were encoded as quote-elements. Single quotes, as q-elements.
- In the book the text was printed on the left page and the notes on the right pages. The notes were numbered by page an line. In this file the notes were encoded as note-elements with their corresponding n-attribute and are located either after the item(s) they refer or at the end of the line, when they do not refer to a specific word or syllable.
- In the notes, variant readings quotations from other texts or the Tarkarahasya itself were enclosed in a q-element with their corresponding xml:lang-attribute.
- In the notes, the abbreviations S and P were expanded to "Source" and "Parallel"
- The text is divided in 6 parts, encoded as div-elements.
- Additions by the SARIT-encoder are enclosed in a supplied-element.
The following typos in the print edition were corrected in consultation with Yaita:
- on p. 10: S16,25 —> Sh16,25
- on p. 11: S17,22 —> Sh17,22
- on p. 31: S49 —> Sh49
List of abbreviations. The abbreviations in the first column appear in the print edition of the text. The abbreviations in brackets are used in the attributes ed, cRef and xml:id's in this file. Unless otherwise indicated, references are by page and line number of the edition consulted by Yaita.:
|Abbreviations used by Yaita||Abbreviaitons used in the xml-file for cRef- and ana-attributes||Text|
|HB Tib||hb-Tib||Dharmakīrti, Hetubindu (Tibetan translation)|
|HBTA||hbṭā||Durveka Miśra, Hetubinduṭīkāloka|
|NB-T||nb-Tib||Dhramakīrti, Nyāyabindu (Tibetan translation)|
|PV Tib||pv-Tib||Dharmakīrti, Pramāṇavārttika (Tibetan translation)|
|PVBh-T||pva-Tib||Prajñākaragupta, Pramāṇavārttikabhāṣya (Tibetan translation)|
|ŚV abhāvapariccheda||śv-abhāva||Kumārila, Ślokavārttika|
|TBh-T||tabha-Tib||Mokṣākaragupta, Tarkabhāṣā (Tibetan translation)|
|TR-P||tara-P||A text of Tarkarahasya yogipratyakṣa section edited in
|TS-G||ts-G||Śāntarakṣita, Tattvasaṅgraha (ed. Krishnamacharya 1926)|
|TS-J||ts-J||Śāntarakṣita, Tattvasaṅgraha (Jesalmer Ms. Jesalmer Cat. No. 377)|
|TS-P||tsp-P||Śāntarakṣita, Tattvasaṅgraha (Pattan Ms. Pattan Cat. No. 6679)|
|TS-T||ts-Tib||Śāntarakṣita, Tattvasaṅgraha (Tibetan translation, D4264)|
|TSP-G||tsp-G||Kamalaśīla, Tattvasaṅgrahapañjikā (ed. Krishnamacharya 1926)|
|TSP-J||tsp-J||Kamalaśīla, Tattvasaṅgrahapañjikā (Jesalmer Ms. Jesalmer Cat. No. 378)|
|TSP-P||tsp-P||Kamalaśīla, Tattvasaṅgrahapañjikā (Pattan Ms. Pattan Cat. No. 6680)|
|TSP-T||tsp-Tib||Kamalaśīla, Tattvasaṅgrahapañjikā (Tibetan translation)|
- 2016-07-11: On p. 15 I corrected the second occurence of <lb edRef="#tara-ms" n="7"> to <lb edRef="#tara-ms" n="2">. By Liudmila Olalde
- 2016-08-21: Jinkyoung Choi added ref-elements pointing to the notes in the body text. By Jinkyoung Choi
- 2017-03-25: For a complete history of the changes in this file go to SARIT GitHub Repository. By Liudmila Olalde