- Funders: German Research Foundation (DFG); Project "SARIT: Enriching Digital Text Collections in Indology" (Bilalteral Digital Humanities Programme DFG/NEH), 2013-2017 and Institute for the Cultural and Intellectual History of Asia, Austrian Academy of Sciences
- Principal: Birgit Kellner
- data entry by: Aurorachana, Auroville
- prepared for SARIT by: Liudmila Olalde
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International licence. Under this licence, you are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
More information and fuller details of this license are given on the Creative Commons website.
SARIT assumes no responsibility for unauthorised use that infringes the rights of any copyright owners, known or unknown.2016
Source DescriptionThe DharmottaraṭippanakaCritical EditionThree Sanskrit Texts from the Buddhis Pramāṇa-TraditionThe Hetuvidyā Section in the Yogācārabhūmi, the Darmottaraṭippanaka, and the TarkarahasyaHideomiYaita
List of manuscripts consulted by Yaita.For a description see Three Sanskrit Texts from the Buddhis Pramāṇa-Tradition, Appendix 2.
A: Jesalmer Cat., No. 370. B: jesalmer Cat., No. 371. P: Pattan Cat., No. 58(9).
- Quotations from Dharmottara's Nyāyabinduṭīkā (NBT) or Dharmakīrti's Nyāyabindu (NB) were enclosed in .
- Vowel merging has been separated and is indicated with "+" between the vowels.
- Hyphens were used to separate compound elements only when he thought that it would be easier to understand the tex.
- Page numbers from Yaita 2005 were encoded as pb-elements with the ed-attribute "hy".
- In the print edition, the folio numbers of the manuscripts consulted by Yaita are given both on the margins and inline. In this file the folio numbers were encoded only once as inline pb-elements with and edRef-attribute.
- Line breaks from Yaita 2005 were encoded as lb-elements with the ed-attribute "hy".
- In the print edition, the line numbers of the main manuscript followed by Yaita are given both on the margins and inline. In this file these line numbers encoded only once as inline lb-elements with their corresponding edRef-attribute.
- Passages in italics were enclosed in
- Round brackets were encoded as
- Double quotes were encoded as quote
- Underlined passages in the text were enclosed in . These mark sometimes quotations from NB. In other occasions they are used to mark names.
- In the notes, quotations from NBT passages, i.e. identical passages between NBT and Dharmottaraṭippanaka (underlined in the print edition), were enclosed in
- In the notes, parallel passages between Dharmottaraṭippanaka and Tātparya (underlined with dots in the print edition "...." were enclosed in .
In the print edition there were no footnote references; instead, the footnotes in the book point to the line on the corresponding page. Sometimes a note has annotations to several items (words, syllables) on the same line. In this file the footnotes were located manually in the text by te SARIT encoder. When several items are commented in the note, the note was located at the beginning of the first item.
List of abbreviations. The abbreviations in the first column appear in the print edition of the text. The abbreviations in brackets are used in the attributes ed, cRef and xml:id's in this file. Unless otherwise indicated, references are by page and line number of the edition consulted by Yaita.:
|Abbreviations used by Yaita||Abbreviaitons used in the xml-file for cRef- and ana-attributes||Text|
|NB-T||nb-Tib||Dhramakīrti, Nyāyabindu (Tibetan translation)|
|Tātparya||tāniṭ||Tātparyanibandhanaṭippana, anonymous commentary on Nyāyabinduṭīkā|
- 2017-04-12: Corrected "gñ" to "gjñ" in Sanskrit passages (mostly in "-samyagjñā-") By https://viaf.org/viaf/308710472/
- 2017-04-13: Corrected " ñ" and ">ñ" to " jñ" and ">jñ in Sanskrit passages By https://viaf.org/viaf/308710472/