Appendix B: Text Input System
- Sanskrit diacritics are entered using the Unicode Standard Encoding
- vowels and diphthongs:
- a, ā, i, ī, u, ū, ṛ, ṝ, ḷ, e, ai, o, au
- k, kh, g, gh, ṅ
- c, ch, j, jh, ñ
- ṭ, ṭh, ḍ, ḍh, ṇ
- t, th, d, dh, n
- p, ph, b, bh, m
- y, r, l, v
- ś, ṣ, s
- Anusvāra is transliterated by:
- before gutturals
- before palatals
- before cerebrals
- before dentals
- before labials
- Members of a compound are sometimes separated by periods.
- External sandhi is decomposed with -.
- Mūla Text rearranged from Prof. Lariviere's critical edition of the text.
For the details of the text of critical edition, see Prof. Lariviere's
introduction. Mūla text copied from Prof. Lariviere's file for the edition
of text with commentary. Critical apparatus is omitted in this version (mūla
text with apparatus is also available from Yasuke Ikari).