- Funder: German Research Foundation (DFG); Project "SARIT: Enriching Digital Text Collections in Indology" (Bilalteral Digital Humanities Programme DFG/NEH), 2013-2017
- Principal: Birgit Kellner
- data entry by: Aurorachana, Auroville
- prepared for SARIT by: Liudmila Olalde
Copyright 2016-2018 SARIT
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International licence. Under this licence, you are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
More information and fuller details of this license are given on the Creative Commons website.
SARIT assumes no responsibility for unauthorised use that infringes the rights of any copyright owners, known or unknown.2016
|Tarkabhāṣa and Vādasthāna of Mokṣākaragupta and Jitāripāda
|: >H. R. Rangaswami Iyengar
|The Hindusthan Press
|Place of Publication:
|The manuscript on which this edition is based is described below.
Manuscript IdentifierMysoreMysore Oriental Library
This is the description given by Iyengar 1952, p. vii: "palm-leaf Ms. written in old Kannada script with marginal notes on some of the difficult words of the text. Unfortunately the edges of some of the leaves are broken and three leaves are missing in the middle."
- Line breaks: In the source file, there were two types of line breaks: returns (and possible surrounding space) and hyphens+returns. These were replaced with lb-elements. The ed-attribute "ri" refers to Iyengar's 1952 edition.
- References to other works were enclosed in .
- Underlined characters were enlosed in .
- Round brackets were encoded as .
- Square brackets were encoded as . Opening brackets are preceded by anchor-elements. Closing brackets are followed by anchor-elements.
- Footnotes were encoded as note-elements with their corresponding n-attribute. The note elements are located were the footnote references appeared in the print edition (i.e. inline).
- Some footnotes use special signs (such as asteriks and crosses) to mark the text segments they apply to. In these cases the signs marking the beginning and the end of the text segment were replaced by an asterisk and enclosed in a ref. The note-element was located after the second ref.
- Footnote references that appear twice and mark the beginning and the end of a text segment where also enclosed in a ref. The corresponding note was located after the second ref.
- Footnotes that refer to a span of text enclosed in square brackets were located after the closing bracket.
- In all footnotes that refer to a text span, the element was used to link the note to the corresponding passage.
- Footnotes that had no corresponding footnote reference in the book were given the place-attribute "bottom". They appear at the end of the page.
- Footnotes that had two footnote references in the book were added the suffix -a and -b.
Some characters were illegible in the print copy used for the digitization. These were replaced by ".." and wrapped in an unclear-element.
The Appendix I of Iyengar's 1952 edition has a list of quotations; some of them include a reference to the source. These references were doublechecked, corrected (if necessary) and encoded as corresp-attributes to the quote-element. If the quoted passage was not marked as such in the print edition, it was enclosed in a quote-element. If the quoted passage was surrounded by single quotes, these were replaced with a quote-element.
- Abbreviations used in the attributes cRef, sameAs and corresp:
- nb = Nyāyabindu. Chapter and passage numbers correspond to Malvania's 1971 edition.
- pv = Pramāṇavārttika. Chapter and verse numbers correspond to Sāṅkṛtyāyana's 1938-1940 edition.
- VāPa = Vākyapadīya. Verse numbers correspond to Rau's 1977 edition.
- ts = Tattvasaṃgraha. Verse numbers correspond to Krishnamacharya's 1926 edition.
- viṃś = Viṃśatikā. Verse numbers correspond to Tripathi's 1992 edition.
- 2016-07-04: Corrected wrongly input ञ to ज्ञ. By https://viaf.org/viaf/308710472/
- 2017-03-25: For a complete history of the changes in this file go to SARIT GitHub Repository. By https://viaf.org/viaf/308710472/