- Funder: German Research Foundation (DFG); Project "SARIT: Enriching Digital Text Collections in Indology" (Bilalteral Digital Humanities Programme DFG/NEH), 2013-2017
- Principal: Birgit Kellner
- data entry by: Aurorachana, Auroville
- prepared for SARIT by: Liudmila Olalde
Copyright 2014-2018 SARIT
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International licence. Under this licence, you are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
More information and fuller details of this license are given on the Creative Commons website.
SARIT assumes no responsibility for unauthorised use that infringes the rights of any copyright owners, known or unknown.2014
|Title:||With the Commentary of Śāntarakṣita|
|Publisher:||Bihar and Orissa Research Society|
|Place of Publication:||Patna|
|Note:||Appendix to the Journal of the Bihar and Orissa Research Society, vols. 21/4 and 22/1|
|Note:||The manuscript consulted by Sāṅkṛtyāyana is described below.|
Palm-leaf manuscript. 89 leaves in Kuṭilā script. Apparently written in 1152 A.C.
In June 1934, Sāṅkṛtyāyana found this manuscript in the monastery of Kun-de-ling (Lhasa).
Palm-leaf manuscript. 20 leaves in Kuṭilā script. Each page contains 9 to 11 lines. 12th century CE.
In June 1934, Sāṅkṛtyāyana found this manuscript in the monastery of Nagor, Tibet.
Line breaks, page breaks and folio numbers:
- The line breaks and page breaks of Sāṅkṛtyāyana's edition were given the ed-attribute "s". In the source file, there were two types of line breaks: returns (and possible surrounding space) and hyphens+returns. These were replaced with lb-elements. I didn't check whether the source was consequent in this respect.
- The folio numbers of the Vipañcitārthā manuscript were encoded as pb-elements with the attribute ed="msK", wich refers to the manuscript used by Sāṅkṛtyāyana. The line numbers of the manuscript were encoded as lb-elements with the attribute ed="msK".
- After word(s) quoted from the Vādanyāya, Sāṅkṛtyāyana added the corresponding folio and line numbers in the Vādanyāya manuscript. These were encoded as follows: .
Words quoted from the Vādanyāya (pratīkā) (printed in a thiner script in Sāṅkṛtyāyana's edition) were encoded as .
Quotations from other texts (printed in a thiner script in Sāṅkṛtyāyana's edition) were encoded as quote-elements. Some quotations are also enclosed in quotation marks; in these cases the attribute "quote" has been added.
Footnotes were encoded as
Round and square brackets were were replaced with the following TEI-elements:
- Bracketed references to other works were enclosed in .
- Bracketed text was enclosed in .
- Bracketed text preceded or followed by a question mark was enclosed in . The question mark was kept.
- Bracketed suspension points ("...") were enclosed in .
- Question marks surrounded by brackets were enclosed in: .
- All other punctuation marks that were surrounded by brackets were enclosed in .
The text is structured in 2 chapters, encoded as: div n=".." type="chapter"
- 1. Nigrahasthānalakṣaṇa, pp. 1-73
- 2. Nyāyamatakhaṃḍana, pp. 75-143
Abbreviations used in the attributes ed, cRef and xml:id's in this file:
- 2014-10-29: I corrected folio number 46b to 49b on p. 73. I added folio number 53b, which was missing in the printed edition. By https://viaf.org/viaf/308710472/
- 2015-12-30: Added @xml-lang to the front-element. By https://viaf.org/viaf/308710472/
- 2016-04-25: Added @type to note- and add-elements. By https://viaf.org/viaf/308710472/
- 2016-05-19: Removed front. By https://viaf.org/viaf/308710472/
- 2016-05-24Added content to ref-elements, e.g.: <ref target="#vn-msN" corresp="1b1">1b1<ref> By https://viaf.org/viaf/308710472/
- 2016-05-31: Replaced <add> with <supplied>. By https://viaf.org/viaf/308710472/
- 2016-05-31: Wrapped question marks in <note type="uncertain>. By https://viaf.org/viaf/308710472/
- 2017-03-25: For a complete history of the changes in this file go to SARIT GitHub Repository. By https://viaf.org/viaf/308710472/