With the Commentary Nyāyabhāṣya
- Creation of machine-readable version: Young Buddhist Association of the University of Tokyo (Bussei)
Published by SARIT: Search and Retrieval of Indic Texts, 2013-2016.
Copyright (C) Young Buddhist Association of the University of Tokyo (Bussei)
Distributed by SARIT under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Under this licence, you are free
- to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
- to Remix — to adapt the work
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
- Share Alike — If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
More information and fuller details of this license are given on the Creative Commons website.
SARIT assumes no responsibility for unauthorised use that infringes the rights of any copyright owners, known or unknown.2013-2016
|Title:||Title Nyāyadarśanam: with Vātsyāyana's bhāṣ̣ya, Uddyotakara's vārttika, Vācaspati Miśra's tātparyaṭ̣īkā and Viśvanatha's vṛtti .. with an introduction by Narendra Chandra Vedantatirtha.|
|Editor:||Taranatha Nyaya-Tarkatirtha and Amarendramohan Tarkatirtha|
|Publisher:||Metropolitan Print. and Pub. House|
|Place of Publication:||Calcutta|
|Series:||Calcutta Sanskrit Series|
The published edition from which this e-text was transcribed is printed in the Devanāgarī script. The electronic text below is in a lossless transliteration using the Latin alphabet. The transliteration scheme used is the IAST (The International Alphabet of Sanskrit Transliteration). IAST differs in small ways from ISO 15919, but is preferred by most working Sanskrit scholars. Conversion of this file to ISO 15919 can be achieved by performing the following replacements throughout the file: ṛ -> r̥ and ṃ -> ṁ
Text division is as Devanāgarī ("ityevam" not "ity evam".)
Quotations are tagged with quote elements.
Due to a gross search-and-replace error, some ṛ vowels may be missing
Initial vowel elision for avagraha is reversed and marked with a + sign: e.g., "prathamo+adhyāyaḥ"
- 2011-07-07: Initial file creation By Young Buddhist Association of the University of Tokyo (Bussei)
- 2013-04-22: Editing and conversion to TEI By Dominik Wujastyk
- 2013-04-28: Reworked the divisions of the text, marking the adhyāyas and āhnikas. By Dominik Wujastyk
- 2013-04-29: Corrections to text divisions. By Dominik Wujastyk
- 2013-04-29: Placed quotations within quote tags. By Dominik Wujastyk
- 2015-04-22: Rewinding the "gross search-and-replace error" (turns out that there were more than a few 'ṛ'-s missing), and adopted the `div' elements for Nyāyasūtra passages to `quote' elements. By Patrick Mc Allister
- 2016-11-23: Updated the file description, commented out notes with the rend-attribute "none", added numbers at the end of each sūtra, relocated the closing tags of some quotes, removed the rend-attribute "double", replaced brackets in head-elements with supplied and expanded the abbreviations A, Ā, and Sū in the headings. By https://viaf.org/viaf/308710472/